Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How to display fields from multiple tables Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
wh0dathunk
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Jul 2011
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote wh0dathunk Replybullet Topic: How to display fields from multiple tables
     Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 1:56am
Hi,
 
I 'm new to crystal reports. I needed some suggestions to display fields from different tables in a single report.
Say,
 
The main report table uses emp table. And his phone number is present in an alternate table (say, details.) his ID is the common field in both the tables.
 
similarly, i need to display few details which are sourced from other tables apart from the main table.
 
Can i use add command in this scenario while mapping the datasource?
or is there any other way.
 
Any help would be greatly appreciated.Smile
 
 
 


Edited by wh0dathunk - 19 Sep 2011 at 1:57am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 2:57am
linking your tables together is the simplest way, but may give duplicates...but then if the information that you are after is summary type data you can place it in the group header.
 
if you want the greatest flexibility for the report, I will always say to create a stored proc then you can do what you want, and all that CR is concerned with is the resulting table(s) which you can link in the report is you so choose ( I don't as I only return 1 table).
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum