Topic: Summing a Column with Suppressed Information Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 10:22am
Hello all,
I was wondering if there was a solution to an issue I've been having. Basically when I run a report I will get duplicate invoice IDs. I've found a way to suppress and combine the IDs so they don't show up on the report, but when I sum the column of the dollar amounts of the invoices it takes into account the hidden values as well.
Is there any solution to this? I've looked and looked online but haven't found any solution that anyone has had any success with.
Thank you for the help. Unfortunately my formula to suppress the extra invoice ID doesn't seem to be doing anything for the total of the dollar column. It either comes out the same overinflated amount or it doesn't display anything at all (depending on how I tweak the formula).
Is there just a simple formula I can toss in there to tell it to ignore any duplicate dollar amounts and not include it in the sum? Unfortunately I didn't set these forms up originally so I'm not sure the how and why of what to do with them and my formula creation skills are pretty shoddy.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum