Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Summing a Column with Suppressed Information Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dmwalking
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote dmwalking Replybullet Topic: Summing a Column with Suppressed Information
     Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 10:22am
Hello all,

I was wondering if there was a solution to an issue I've been having. Basically when I run a report I will get duplicate invoice IDs. I've found a way to suppress and combine the IDs so they don't show up on the report, but when I sum the column of the dollar amounts of the invoices it takes into account the hidden values as well.

Is there any solution to this? I've looked and looked online but haven't found any solution that anyone has had any success with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 4:30am

Use a variable formula to sum rows excldueing the duplicates using a fomrula (samea as your suppression rules).

or create Running Totals to do the same thing using the same thing
Running Total sample
Name = whatever
field to summarize=dollar amount field
type =sum
evaluate = use a formula
NOT(your suppression formula here)
reset=never (for a grand total)
place in report footer


Edited by DBlank - 13 Sep 2011 at 4:30am
IP IP Logged
dmwalking
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote dmwalking Replybullet Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 6:10am
Thank you for the help. Unfortunately my formula to suppress the extra invoice ID doesn't seem to be doing anything for the total of the dollar column. It either comes out the same overinflated amount or it doesn't display anything at all (depending on how I tweak the formula).

Is there just a simple formula I can toss in there to tell it to ignore any duplicate dollar amounts and not include it in the sum? Unfortunately I didn't set these forms up originally so I'm not sure the how and why of what to do with them and my formula creation skills are pretty shoddy.

Thanks!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 6:54am
can you post the formula being used for suppression?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum