Joined: 24 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Topic: Suppress field if another is Suppressed Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 2:09am
Hi,
Say you have Field1, Field2, Field3
Both Field1 and Field2 has data but Field3=Null
They are all on the report in that order next to each other.
Now I want Field2 to check if Next(Field3)=Null. If it is the suppress it.
Up to here I'm fine.
My question now is:
How do I get Field1 to suppress?
I want Field1 to check if the "status" of Field2=Suppressed. If that is true then Suppress field1 as well.
Is this possible?
A other solution (Long way) is to create a parameter for each of these fields and make them 0 and 1. If it suppress then the number will change. But I don't really want to do that.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 2:15am
you could build 'another' detail line, put the suppression formula for field2 in that, suppress the whole line and then check the formula for what it has.
would the supression for field 1 be,
if next(field2) = null?
or
next(field2) = null or next(field3) = null
or something else?
if it just checking if field 2 would be suppress, just add that to field1
Joined: 24 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 2:23am
Hi,
well I will have about 10 fields in total :)
The database I have is bad and I am doing a Left outer join from start to finish.
The point in this is because:
The data will come back as
Audit|Control|Test|Results
Test | Yes | |
Test | Yes | Yes | Good
and so on... Because it is a many to many I do get a lot of fields that is like that. I want to suppress that first record because the second record do have additional information.
At the moment my Control Suppress section says:
Next(ControlName)=ControlName
Test=""
So it checks to see if the next control name is the same. If it is and the current controlname has no Test then it will "skip" this and suppress it.
Now I want the Audit name to suppress as well so that my entire row of that data will suppress :)
Everything has to be next to each other so I can't really add another detailed section.
I'm just looking for some kind of code so that I can use syntax to do a statement and say:
Audit Syntax Section:
IF ControlName.visible=true then
Audit.visible=true
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum