Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Record Count not matching count in excel Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
DanF
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote DanF Replybullet Topic: Record Count not matching count in excel
     Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 3:58am
Hi
 
I am using CR 2008 and have a problem (I think). When I run a report I see at the bottom that 9.063 records have been selected.
 
When I export to excel as data only I also see that 9,063 records are being selected.
 
However when I open the excel file there are only 9.022 records. Why am I not exporting all the records selected.

Does the 9,063 refer to how many records are selected in the details section? If so, should I not get that many records when exporting? Note I am not using any grouping.
 
Thanks in advance!
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 5:50am
If you are joining multiple tables and doing any grouping, you may actually be processing more records than appear on the report.  The record count that Crystal shows is the number of records processed, not the actual number that appear on the report.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum