Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic parameter not working Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
rvink
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2008
Location: New Zealand
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 55
Quote rvink Replybullet Topic: Dynamic parameter not working
     Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 4:18pm
Hi, I'm having trouble with a dynamic parameter on my report. I need a dynamic cascading parameter with two levels:
 - school  (pick one from list)
 - placement group (choose multiple from list)

The report includes the following filters:
 {School.IsActive} = true and
 {PlacementGroup.InComplete} = false

The parameter was ignoring the filter and selecting all values so I replaced part of the query with a command which includes the filters, and based the parameter on the command. That works fine when I run it in Crystal Reports 2008. Is that the best way to do that?

However, when I save the report into Business Objects, I can't select any parameters - no values are available to choose from.
IP IP Logged
comatt1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Quote comatt1 Replybullet Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 2:00am
Have you tried using the Business View Manager?
IP IP Logged
rvink
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2008
Location: New Zealand
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 55
Quote rvink Replybullet Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 11:19am
Where do I find the Business View Manager? I've only used InfoView and CMC so far...
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum