| Author |
Message |
Kitty1
Senior Member
Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
|

Topic: Total not showing up for one date only Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 10:29am |
Hello
I have a report where I have a parameter beginning date and a parameter ending date, and pull in data between the 2 dates. The report works perfectly EXCEPT if I run it for one date only (for example 8/25/11 - 8/25/11 ). Then I am getting a blank total. Has anyone ever had this happen and can anyone help me please ?
Thanks in advance! :)
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 10:55am |
How is your select statement written?
Does your data have times along with the dates?
|
IP Logged |
|
Kitty1
Senior Member
Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
|

Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 11:05am |
Hi D,
It looks like this:
{V_ORDER_BOOKING.CHG_DATE} in {?Beginning Date} to {?Ending Date}
|
IP Logged |
|
Kitty1
Senior Member
Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
|

Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 11:05am |
|
Sorry, no...the data does not have times along with the dates..
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 11:12am |
nothing looks incorrect....
what if you use
date({V_ORDER_BOOKING.CHG_DATE}) in {?Beginning Date} to {?Ending Date}
?
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 11:14am |
|
also drag your params into the report header to look at them after run time and make sure you did not type something like the begin date being a year later then what you meant.
|
IP Logged |
|
Kitty1
Senior Member
Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
|

Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 11:22am |
|
Hi, I tried that and it wouldn't take it. :( Also, I do use the dates in the report header and they appear fine.
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 11:44am |
if you enter
8/25/2011 - 8/26/2011
you the correct full set of rows from both days?
|
IP Logged |
|
Kitty1
Senior Member
Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
|

Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 2:50am |
Hi D,
Yes it doesn't matter the date...if it's more than one day I'm fine, but to try to get that total when the same day is inputted as beginning and ending date, (doesn't matter what date it is), it just doesn't work for some reason! it's strange. the total comes out in all other cases...
|
IP Logged |
|
Kitty1
Senior Member
Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
|

Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 3:46am |
|
check that...I just ran for dates 8/25 - 8/26 and I did not get the total... however if I run it for say, 8/1 - 8/26 I get correct total.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|