Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Total not showing up for one date only Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Author Message
Kitty1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Quote Kitty1 Replybullet Topic: Total not showing up for one date only
     Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 10:29am

Hello

I have a report where I have a parameter beginning date and a parameter ending date, and pull in data between the 2 dates.  The report works perfectly EXCEPT if I run it for one date only (for example 8/25/11 - 8/25/11 ).  Then I am getting a blank total.   Has anyone ever had this happen and can anyone help me please ?

 
Thanks in advance!  :)
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 10:55am

How is your select statement written?

Does your data have times along with the dates?
IP IP Logged
Kitty1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Quote Kitty1 Replybullet Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 11:05am
Hi D,
 
It looks like this:
 
{V_ORDER_BOOKING.CHG_DATE} in {?Beginning Date} to {?Ending Date}
IP IP Logged
Kitty1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Quote Kitty1 Replybullet Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 11:05am
Sorry, no...the data does not have times along with the dates..
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 11:12am
nothing looks incorrect....
what if you use
date({V_ORDER_BOOKING.CHG_DATE}) in {?Beginning Date} to {?Ending Date}
?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 11:14am
also drag your params into the report header to look at them after run time and make sure you did not type something like the begin date being  a year later then what you meant.
IP IP Logged
Kitty1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Quote Kitty1 Replybullet Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 11:22am
Hi, I tried that and it wouldn't take it.  :(    Also, I do use the dates in the report header and they appear fine.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 11:44am
if you enter
8/25/2011 - 8/26/2011
you the correct full set of rows from both days?
IP IP Logged
Kitty1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Quote Kitty1 Replybullet Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 2:50am

Hi D,

 
Yes it doesn't matter the date...if it's more than one day I'm fine, but to try to get that total when the same day is inputted as beginning and ending date, (doesn't matter what date it is), it just doesn't work for some reason!   it's strange.  the total comes out in all other cases...
 
 
IP IP Logged
Kitty1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Quote Kitty1 Replybullet Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 3:46am
check that...I just ran for dates 8/25 - 8/26 and I did not get the total... however if I run it for say, 8/1 - 8/26 I get correct total.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum