Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Old version Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mariuser
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote mariuser Replybullet Topic: Old version
     Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 11:17pm
Dear all,
 
I dont know if this is the right place but I need some help here.
 
A long time ago i developed an application in Visual Studio .Net 2003 with C#. I build a lot of forms with some Crystal Reports integrated.
For Crystal reports the version 9.1.5000 was used.
The application runs a couple of years on xp platforms.
 
The customer is now changing there clients to Windows 7 and the reports doesn't work anymore. I looked for installation files (dll's) on the internet but cannot find any.
I can simply upgrade the application to a higher version of .Net with Visual Studio 2010, but what to do with the crystal reports?
 
Is there a way to simply upgrade the reports to a higher version to (that is integrated in Visual Studio)?
And do i need to buy something or is it freeware?
 
Thanks
Mari
 
 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 3:07am
I don't know for sure, but I would think that for the most part just upgrading to vs2010 would do the trick.  I know that when we upgraded from CR XI to 2008, the only difference that the occurred was when we saved, and it cautioned that nothing before CR 9 would be able to read the rpt files...not a big deal for us, we never went back that far.
 
The biggest change that I would predict is if CR retired some functions which break your rpts.

HTH
IP IP Logged
mariuser
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote mariuser Replybullet Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 3:15am
Thanks,
 
That would be nice.
And there will be no extra client installation nessesary?
Only deliver the referenced dll's?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 3:41am
I think so, but in all honesty, I don't deal with the installs...I believe it was just changing the references in the project, which will probably build the dependencies...but I can't say for sure...not my department ;)
IP IP Logged
mariuser
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote mariuser Replybullet Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 4:46am
Oke, i will try.
I see it is very aerly in America.
Dont know wher you are, but after a few hours there will be more people to verify your idee.
Thanks.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum