Joined: 18 Aug 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Topic: Removing decimal places from DatePart output Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 10:38pm
I am using Crystal Reports to interigate a GoldMine database.
I am using the DatePart function to return the quarter number from the opportunity start date - "Quarter " & round(datepart ("q", {OPMGR.STARTDATE})) but it is returning a number with 2 decimal places e.g. 1.00 As you can see I have tried the round function to solve this but it to no avail. I still get 1.00 returned on the report.
Joined: 18 Aug 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 12:05am
That works as long as you haven't included some text in the same formula in which case the Format Field dialog box seems to treat the whole field as a text field and doesn't give you options you get with a number field. Your reply prompted me to try taking out the text in the formula, formatting the number field (which worked) but as soon as I added the text back I got the decimal places back. Because this is in a cross tab table I can't add the text and number formula separately either.
I don't really undersand why the round function isn't working in the formula either.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum