| Author |
Message |
rburke72
Newbie
Joined: 03 Aug 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
|

Topic: Formula Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 5:05am |
I am looking for assistance with a formula.
if {Attribute Type}='Commute Method' and {Attribute Name}='Bicycle' then 'X'
However, I need the formula to be by Employee. Any ideas?
Thanks,
|
|
Racquel Burke
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
rburke72
Newbie
Joined: 03 Aug 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
|

Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 6:35am |
This is the formula I currently have.
if {@EmpLastFirstID}= if {Attribute Type_lv_PickFromList0.value}= "Home Office - Personal" and {Attribute.name}='Home Laptop or Desktop' then {Attribute.name} then "X "
I believe I have the Employee part wrong.
|
|
Racquel Burke
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 7:15am |
I do not understand what you are trying to accomplish...
Can you show a some sample data rows and what you want the formula to return based on the samples?
|
IP Logged |
|
lockwelle
Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
|

Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 7:41am |
so the {@EmpLastFirstID} = "Home Laptop or Desktop" ??
|
IP Logged |
|
rburke72
Newbie
Joined: 03 Aug 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
|

Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 2:48am |
If Employee(EmployeeLastNameFirstNameID) has Attribute Type (Home Office - Personal) and the Attribute Name (Home Laptop or Desktop) then "X".
Employee Home Laptop or Desktop Home Fax
CruzRachel011234 X
So, there will be a list of attribute names going all the way across. For each attribute an X will be mark should the employee have that attribute.
I hope this helps with what I am trying to accomplish.
Thanks.
|
|
Racquel Burke
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 3:25am |
Your first post
if {Attribute Type}='Commute Method' and {Attribute Name}='Bicycle' then 'X'
is correct and will apply the formula per row which should be per employee. However it may be incorrect info if your tables are joined in a way that does not support what you want
|
IP Logged |
|
rburke72
Newbie
Joined: 03 Aug 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
|

Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 3:33am |
That is correct with that formula. But, I need it to be by Employee and showing each attribute associated to that employee. Currently it is listing the employee multiple times showing each attribute associated to that employee, one at each employee listing. For example
CruzRachel01234 Home Laptop or Desktop Home Fax Printer
X
CruzRachel01234 X
CruzRachel01234 X
I would like it to show as:
CruzRachel01234 X X X
|
|
Racquel Burke
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 3:37am |
|
so your supprting data is one row per attribute per employee?
|
IP Logged |
|
rburke72
Newbie
Joined: 03 Aug 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
|

Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 3:42am |
That is correct.
Employee Home Laptop or Desktop Home Fax Printer
CruzRachel01234 X X X
DanielLuey12546 X X
JacobsRyan35481 X
|
|
Racquel Burke
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 3:57am |
here is one way
group on employee
make your formuals as you had them
an insert a summary on each formula as the Maximum value of each formula field per employee e.g. Maximum(formula_1,table.employee)
suppress the details and group header
(or move the maximum value results to the group header) Edited by DBlank - 16 Aug 2011 at 4:00am
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|