Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Filter not Working Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Logle0917
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jul 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Quote Logle0917 Replybullet Topic: Filter not Working
     Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 10:01am
I run the report with no filters I get data. I put a filter on the field to show if R is in the filed and D is in the other Field this data is in there when I put no filters but when I put the filter on the field which does indeed have this in there No data will pull. 
 
here is the code:
 
{ENTORDER.ENTORDERKEY} = "R" and
{FS_TESTREQ.STATUS} = "D"
 
Why when I take these conditions out does it pull but when I put them in nothing?
 
Thanks for any help!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 10:11am
when you say this data is in there before you add the select satement you mean can see one row of data that has both values in it?
 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 2:07am
if there is data that meets both criteria, the idea that comes to mind is that there are spaces in the field, so it doesn't match....might try trimming the fields.
IP IP Logged
Logle0917
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jul 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Quote Logle0917 Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 7:10am
If I run the report without the filters Data comes back in all Rows in the rows that I have the filters on I have verified that there is a Letter R and a Letter D However when I add the select on those fields to pull only the rows with R and D nothing comes back.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 8:27am
I was thinking either a join enforcement issue (hence my original question) or what Lockwelle suggested that a field is actually an "R " or something like that.
I would try each part separate to see if each piece can work by itself. What do you get if you only filter for R? Then only for D?
If one breaks it try and trim it like lockwelle suggested.
IP IP Logged
Logle0917
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jul 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Quote Logle0917 Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 10:05am
Trimming the Field Worked for me thanks I got so excited I posted this on another thread I was watching lol! Thanks!LOL
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum