Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Newbie needs help with varchar->unique conversion Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
proone
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 06 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote proone Replybullet Topic: Newbie needs help with varchar->unique conversion
     Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 5:41am
I have a report that displays two columns.

The 2nd column either has text or a unique identifier.

When it has a unique identifier, I want it to reference another table to pull the correct data.

I set the link in database expert to left outer join. When I preview the report I get "Conversion failed when converting from a character string to uniqueidentifier."

Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can give!
IP IP Logged
comatt1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Quote comatt1 Replybullet Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 10:00am
create a db function to handle this. and then pass the parameter through a sql expression to get at that table.

If you need more help or explanation I could provide it.
IP IP Logged
proone
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 06 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote proone Replybullet Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 9:05am
Do I do a cast conversion inside a formula? Do I create a command?

Thanks for your help :)
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum