I have a report with a parameter that allows multiple selections. The parameter value is a number data type. That number is used on the primary data table, but the number doesn’t mean much to anyone. On another table, a corresponding display name is stored. The display name is a string data type.
I can get the first parameter selected value to print using a formula like this:
if {?Facility} = {B.CODE } then {B.DISPLAY}
Result looks like this: XYZ Location
And I can get the multiple parameter numbers to print using a formula like this:
WhilePrintingRecords;
NumberVar Array Input := {?Facility};
NumberVar howmany:= count (Input);
ToText (Input [1],0,'') +
if howmany > 1 then ', ' + ToText (Input [2],0,'') +
if howmany > 2 then ', ' + ToText (Input [3],0,'') +
if howmany > 3 then ', ' + ToText (Input [4],0,'')
Result looks like this: 453123, 978123, 892374
But I’m not able to successfully get a list of the display names that correspond to the parameter values. I want to see: XYZ Location, ABC Location, LMN Location
Any ideas? Thanks! LLS
Edited by lls8000 - 11 Aug 2011 at 8:59am