Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Excluding records Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
azza
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote azza Replybullet Topic: Excluding records
     Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 2:32am
I have a feeling this may be really simple, but I'm stuck.  I'm using Crystal XI and I have two simple tables.  One has every stockcode we have (the' All' table), the other has a list of stockcodes I'd like to exclude (the 'exclude' table)
I'd simply like a list of stockcodes that are in the 'All' table but not the ones in the 'excude' table.  I've tried various ways of linking the tables, and had no luck so far - or should I be using a formula to do this?  Any help much appreciated.

Edited by azza - 09 Aug 2011 at 2:33am
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 4:08am

outer join ALL to EXCLUDE

int eh select expert use
isnull(EXCLUDE.code)
display all.code in the report
IP IP Logged
azza
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote azza Replybullet Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 9:43pm
I think that's working for me - thank you very much!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum