Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Interactive Forms Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Getch
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
Quote Getch Replybullet Topic: Interactive Forms
     Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 10:58am
Hi All,
 
I have a report that produces an enrollment form PDF.
 
A client has asked if the output can be an editable pdf for the fields that require end users to fill out.
 
I know I can add input fields with Adobe but that is rather time consuming and defeats the purpose of the automated form.
 
Is there a way to have the crystal report identify and produce editable fields at run time (ie when the PDF is created).?
Newbie reports
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 432
Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 2:20am
I am not aware of a way to replicate the adobe pdf functionality in Crystal Reports. It would be a nice feature set to add. The best I know would be to create a scheme where the report was created, export it an editable format such as Word, Excel or .Rtf. That does defeat some of the control over the document that a pdf provided.
If someone on the forum knows of a way to make what you want happen I would be really excited to learn about it.
 
Regards,
 
John W.
 


Edited by jkwrpc - 06 Aug 2011 at 2:20am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum