Joined: 02 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Topic: SQL Stored Proc as datasource Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 10:03am
I have a crystal report constructed in V8 that uses SQL Stored Procedure.
I need to convert this report to Crystal XI and change datasource.
When I choose my new datasource - I see my sql stored procedure and I click update......I get prompted for parameters which I complete and then click update.........I then get an error message - very generic - unable to connect type message.......
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 11:50am
There have been a lot of changes in Crystal since V8, so I suspect that your stored procedure might need to be updated too.
Check the stored procedure. There needs to be one parameter that returns a cursor with your result set. In the stored procedures I've worked with, this has always been the first parameter in the list. I don't remember if SQL Server has this, but in Oracle it has to be an "IN OUT" parameter, not just "OUT".
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum