Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Custom Page Size Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
raheelahmed
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Sep 2010
Location: Pakistan
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote raheelahmed Replybullet Topic: Custom Page Size
     Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 10:13pm
Hello,

I have designed a Report with a Custom Page Size (4x4) that is supposed to print on an EPSON LQ-590 Printer.  I have done all the settings in the Windows Control Panel (setting the default paper size of the printer to my Custom Size Paper etc) and also at the Crystal Report Design time, I have added the printer in the Printer Options.
 
The problem is When I hit the Print Button from the Report Viewer, the Default Paper Size of the Printer is reset to "Letter" from "4x4". However, if Printed from any other application Like MS Work, or Excel, the default paper size of the printer does not change. 

Please note that the Crystal Report is running from an ERP Sytstem (Epicor), where I cannot modify the code to set the Printer settings myself. 
 
Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
IP IP Logged
Ziddy
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Ziddy Replybullet Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 8:40am
I am having the same issues , inform me if you have resolved yours, thanks.
Lets go cracking
IP IP Logged
raheelahmed
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Sep 2010
Location: Pakistan
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote raheelahmed Replybullet Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 11:02pm
The problem with the Epson printer is still there. I believe this problem is related with the printer itself. IF the application you're printing from, allows you to print directly to the printer, that might solve the issue. I designed a separate application and printed directly to the printer, that worked.
 
We are using another printer (Zebra GK420T) with the same page size, and its printing perfect. The only change we have to do in this case is that, this printer must be selected as your default printer. This way, the page size does not reset.
 
Another option is that you isntall a PDF printer as your default printer. If the PDF file is created with the same page size, you then directly print it to the Epson printer.
 
If you find any other work around, do share it here also. Thanks
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum