Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Group based on summary Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Stuball01
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Stuball01 Replybullet Topic: Group based on summary
     Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 1:35am
Hi there, I currently have a report that counts the number of occurrences of a specific value in a field.  to do this I have grouped on that field and inserted a  summary.

Now I would like to use this summary as a group and count the number of times that appears.

So if I currently get

abc 3
def 3
ghi 2
jkl 4
mno 3
pqr 4

and I would like to get

3 3
4 2
2 1

Thanks in advance.

Stu
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 5:41am
Would not be possible with a single report.
MAY be possible with a subreport, though I am not sure on that either.

If you're retrieving the data from a DB, consider providing said summaries in the data through the query.
IP IP Logged
Stuball01
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Stuball01 Replybullet Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 9:05am
Thanks for your response Keikoku, I was pulling the data from a read only SQL database. 

Managed to get round it by adding a virtual/command table to the report, works great now.

Thanks,
Stu
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum