Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Updating a Report Running from a Stored Proc Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
djandlo
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Quote djandlo Replybullet Topic: Updating a Report Running from a Stored Proc
     Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 3:38am
Hi,
 

I've inherited a crystal report (9) that is being run from a stored procedure.  I had no idea that was even possible!

 

My dilemma is "I need to update the report by adding a new field" & "I haven't a clue" on how to that...

 

Do I just add the field to the report or do I need to update the stored procedure or both?

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DJ
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 4:05am
if the sp has the field you need you can add it to the report design in crystal without altering the sp.
if the sp does not have the field you need you need to alter the sp and then add the field to the report design in crystal
IP IP Logged
sharona
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 255
Quote sharona Replybullet Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 4:10am
when your data set is a sp you need to update the sp then
verify the database connection in crystal to pull the new fields in.
sharona
IP IP Logged
djandlo
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Quote djandlo Replybullet Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 4:14am
I'll give it a try...
 
I'm off to read up on SP's.
 
Thanks!
IP IP Logged
sharona
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 255
Quote sharona Replybullet Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 4:51am
if you are not 100% sure of what you are changing in a stored procedure and other objects use that sp, you may want to be careful what you add or change.
 
if you paste you sp here and let me know what you need help with i can probably help you. im a sql developer.
sharona
IP IP Logged
djandlo
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Quote djandlo Replybullet Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 5:00am
Hi Sharona,
 
Sorry I've been offline for a while... Thanks for the offer but of course the user(s) decided they didn't want what they thought they did because it was there all the time.
 
Thanks again!
 
DJ
IP IP Logged
sharona
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 255
Quote sharona Replybullet Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 5:06am
that always happens on reports.
sharona
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum