Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: CountIf??? help Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dquerry
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote dquerry Replybullet Topic: CountIf??? help
     Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 5:10am
I am trying to count how many rows contain a string value "Closed - Won." I have read a lot of about this, but I cant figure it out. I know I need to use a running total with a formula, but I cant seem to get the formula to work correctly.  The field that contains "Closed - Won" is OPPORTUNITY.STATUS.
Thanks in advance
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 5:38am
create a RT
name = Whatever
field to summarize=a primary key field or the status field
type = count (or disticnt count of the PK field if you need to exclude dupes)
evalaute = use a formula
fomrula as
{OPPORTUNITY.STATUS} like "*Closed - Won*"
reset=never (unless you have grouping you want sub totals for)
place in repiort footer
RTs do not work in headers


Edited by DBlank - 25 Jul 2011 at 5:39am
IP IP Logged
dquerry
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote dquerry Replybullet Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 5:42am
Thank you so much. I had it in the header!! 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 5:48am
as an FYI -RTs work more like whileprintingrecords formulas and only show values that have been printed above the location that thare placed on the report.
Summary functions (like  SUM(table.amount) or COUNT(table.clientid,table.office) ) can be placed in headers as they are evaulated and created in an earlier data pass.
 


Edited by DBlank - 25 Jul 2011 at 5:49am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum