Joined: 18 Jul 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Topic: SQL Command Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 9:30am
Reading around I learned that reports can be processed faster if a command is used instead of using crystal to actually get the required fields and doing the processing on my computer. If I understand this is meant to put most of the computing requirements on the server with the database.
My question is what program is it best to write the SQL query to be used by Crystal Reports? I am working with a huge Oracle database and some of my reports are taking 20+ minutes to run. I have already cut the reports down to just the required fields. Any advice or suggestions concerning this or how to speed up reports would be great.
Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 255
Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 2:57am
if you can use a stored procedure over the command file it will be quicker.
if you are using a sql query in the report outside of a view, or sp. you have to add a command file and paste the query in there
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum