Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Help Suppressing Unneeded Records Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
wcsd106
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote wcsd106 Replybullet Topic: Help Suppressing Unneeded Records
     Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 8:15am
Hello,

I am assisting on a Crystal Report that is being used to track information. The information is sensitive, so I cannot go into full detail in the forums, but I can describe the issue I am having.

The records are being pulled through the use of a date range parameter.

Once the records are pulled, it is sorting them by "Customer Name" and then displaying "In/Out times" for each customer.

The report works and sorts correctly, but I am only interested in the most recent "Order Date" and need to find a way to suppress previous dates.

Example of Record:

Last Name, First Middle
In MM/DD/YY HH:MM:SS  to  MM/DD/YY  HH:MM:SS
In Unneeded  to Unneeded
In Unneeded  to Unneeded

Last Name, First Middle
In MM/DD/YY HH:MM:SS to MM/DD/YY HH:MM:SS
In Unneeded to Unneeded

Is there a way to write a formula to display only the In/Out times that fall within the established date range parameter?

It's been about 3 years since I've had formal training on Crystal and about a year and a half since I've had to even write a report. We went gung-ho on the reports after the formal training and got most of what we needed while it was fresh in our minds.

Thanks for reading and I hope someone can shed some light on this problem. I know the solution is rather simple, but for the life of me I just can't think of what it is at the moment.
Star

IP IP Logged
sharona
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 255
Quote sharona Replybullet Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 9:34am
Is there a way to write a formula to display only the In/Out times that fall within the established date range parameter? ???
if you have parameters in your record selection and your data is being retreived that you dont need a formula.
if you want the maximum date use the summary wizard to create a maximum(date) formula
then in the section expert conditionally surpress the section
if maximum(date)<> date then true
sharona
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum