Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Linking to Command - Slow !! Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
chris
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Apr 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Quote chris Replybullet Topic: Linking to Command - Slow !!
     Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 1:48am
Hi all,
 
I have a command which is obtaining the latest placement date from a Placement table we have. When run by itself the command only takes a few seconds to return all the data.
 
I have tried to link this command into an existing report I have so that I can show the latest placement date. However, it has made the report run so slowly.
 
for info the link is - lac_person id -- left outer join -- command.person_id
 
The report excluding the command also runs in a few seconds.
 
So how can two reports that when run separately only take a few seconds, take so long when combined.
 
Any ideas ??
 
Chris
 
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum