Joined: 20 Jul 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 49
Topic: Display blank and non-blank fields Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 11:00am
I have been searching for this because I thought for sure people would have asked this, and maybe it is obvious but I can't figure it out.
I have a report that is simply a giving report by person. I want to display spouse names for people who have spouses, but I still want to display the people who do not have spouses. When I add the field for spouse name, it takes out all records that do not have spouses.
I tried formula: IF {CnSpSpBio.CnSpSpBio_Name} = "" THEN "" ELSE {CnSpSpBio.CnSpSpBio_Name}
This doesn't do anything but the same as if I put in the field - it eliminates any records where the field is blank.
PS - I know this is possible with a subreport, but it seems like there must be an easier way. Subreport limits how I want to display the spouse name.
Joined: 11 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 1:37pm
How are you adding it?All you should have to do is add the spouse field in a separate column and it should print the spouse where appropriate and leave a blank space where not.
Joined: 20 Jul 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 49
Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 4:00am
I simply drag the field for spouse name into the report designer, into Group #2 header (right next to Group #2 Name, which is the Head of Household name). It automatically takes out anyone who has no spouse when I do this. PS this is Crystal Reports XI.
Joined: 20 Jul 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 49
Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 5:14am
The spouse name is definitely in a separate table. I am a newbie, as my title so adequately states, so can you explain to me what you mean by inner join vs. outer join?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum