Sorry, I changed the title twice, trying to give a good description of what I need.
I have a report where I am listing training classes taken, number of attendees, month taken, and the instructor(s).
My problem:
- there can be two instructors for the same class during the same time.
- instructor names can vary, they are never static.
- all other record fields are exactly the same
- only differentiating field is the instructor field.
While there are two database records for such a class, the report is grouped by the class name and so shows only one class record with one instructor name, but counts the attendees twice due to the second instructor record.
Any help on how I can adjust the report to count the attendees only once would be greatly appreciated.
Update: I resolved the issue by creating a Summary field with a "distinct count" for the Attendee number per grouped class.
New Issue: How do I get the Attendee GRAND total to show the total of the distinct count Summary field? It's an invalid field of choice for a Running Total and for a Summary total. If I use a summary field on the attendee number with a "distinct count", it reduces the grand total by more than the distinct-count amounts I managed to suppress. If I use a regular "count" it adds back in the exact total of the suppressed amounts.
Edited by dlg_az - 19 Jul 2011 at 5:18pm