Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Pass Parameter in URL Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jordonshaw
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 07 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote jordonshaw Replybullet Topic: Pass Parameter in URL
     Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 9:36am
Hello.  I want to start off by saying that I don't know much about Crystal.  I'm a DBA that is learning the reporting side of things.  With that being said, I have an issue.  I haev a report with a Parameter called servnum.  I then created a aspx file that loads the view, so that I can go to http://servername/report.aspx and it will load my report.  The first thing that happens is, it ask for my parameter servnum and I enter it and it runs the report.  I have a great need to be able to pass that parameter in the URL, so that the user accessing the report doesn't have to enter the parameter.  So, an example of that would be, http://servername/report.aspx?servnum=1234
 
Is there a way to do this?  I'm pulling my hair out trying and trust me when I say, I don't have much hard left!
 
Any help that I can get, will be greatly appreciated!!!
IP IP Logged
jordonshaw
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 07 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote jordonshaw Replybullet Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 10:52am
Really hoping that someone can help me with this!
IP IP Logged
jordonshaw
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 07 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote jordonshaw Replybullet Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 11:03am
This is what my aspx file looks like:

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" %>

<%@ Register TagPrefix="CR" Namespace="CrystalDecisions.Web" Assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=11.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >

<head runat="server">

<title>Service Request</title>

</head>

<body>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<div>

<CR:CrystalReportViewer ID="CrystalReportViewer1" Runat="server" AutoDataBind="True"

Height="947px" ReportSourceID="CrystalReportSource1" Width="845px" HasCrystalLogo="False" HasDrillUpButton="False" HasRefreshButton="True" HasSearchButton="False" HasToggleGroupTreeButton="False" HasViewList="False" HasZoomFactorList="False" PrintMode="ActiveX" />

<CR:CrystalReportSource ID="CrystalReportSource1" runat="server">

<Report FileName="Reports\servnum.rpt">

</Report>

</CR:CrystalReportSource>

</div>

</form>

</body>

</html>

IP IP Logged
jordonshaw
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 07 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote jordonshaw Replybullet Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 4:05am
Bump
IP IP Logged
jordonshaw
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 07 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote jordonshaw Replybullet Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 11:09am
Bump
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum