Hi all,
Hope you can help.
I have a report which is using an XML dataset. Within the dataset, there are 3 arrays of numerous lengths. What I need to do is print the first array, then the second one, then the third. Each report has a unique ID (note_ID) which each table contains as a key. None of the tables links to another directly.
The 3 arrays I have are line_items, items_to_follow and backorders. Each of these tables shares field names such as part number, description, quantity etc and of course, note_ID so that any fields on the report look like line_item.partno, item_to_follow.partno and backorder.partno etc.
When I include the first array only, everything works fine. However, as soon as I try to include items from 2nd or 3rd arrays, the information is displayed incorrectly.
As an example, in my first array there is one line item which displays fine by itself. As soon as I try to include the 2nd array which contains 5 items, the item from they first array appears followed by the first item from the 2nd array, then the first item from the first array followed by the 2nd item from the second array, the pattern is as follows:
1.1
2.1
1.1
2.2
1.1
2.3
1.1
2.4
1.1
2.5
Does anyone know of a way to get the first array to print, then any items in the 2nd array followed by any items in the 3rd.
I've tried inserting 3 sections into the Details section of the report and checking the 'keep together' checkbox but no luck.
Anyone have any ideas please?
Thanks
Scott
Edited by scotlandc - 18 Jul 2011 at 3:03am