Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Topic: Cannot SUM a field -- a text issue? Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 2:33pm
We are using Crystal Reports to access a new set of databases via ODBC. All of our reports are running just fine except for one issue that I have not seen before.
We cannot SUM a colum of fields using either the Total tab in the report wizard or by adding a sum function in SQL.
I think Crystal Reports is treating this field of numbers as if they were text. The Total drop-down selection list has maximum, minimum, count, etc., but not sum.
The DBbuilder says the database fields are all character strings. The problem persists even when they are set to numeric.
Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 6:23am
I have run across a related problem. What I'm doing is converting a character string to a number so I can get totals. While creating a #ToNumber forumula that I then summed worked on a field within one file, the same field in another file gives me this error:
The special variable "Formula" must be assigned a value within the formula.
Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 7:15am
I am not familiar with 'alot'. The fields are both total order quantities, one is in the open order file (which can be converted) and the other is in the shipped history file (which cannot be converted).
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum