I have tried to find a solution like this myself a while ago for a report.
We had no way of identifying HOLD invoices on the system. say a customer didnt want his order delivered next day, and wanted it in a weeks time, our delivery run numbers are not day specific..
1 run number for every day.
So my solution was, in the delivery instructions, the person who raises the order, must put "PLEASE RELEASE - dd/mm/yyyy"
I then created a daily report to show ALL invoices where this formula was TRUE
IF {DELIVERY.INSTRUCT1} = "Please Release - (currentdate)" THEN TRUE ELSE
IF {DELIVERY.INSTRUCT1} = "RELEASE - (Currentdate) THEN TRUE ELSE
etc etc
This failed as people were not following the format requested, and were typing things like " REL - Monday 14th " etc.....
I tried for ages to find a formula using LIKE where it would work, but was unsuccessful.
I gave up in the end.!!
lol