Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Want field to appear only conditionally Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
CFStephanie
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Jun 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote CFStephanie Replybullet Topic: Want field to appear only conditionally
     Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 11:01am
I have a table of client referral sources (Broker, Media, Friend...).  If the case is Broker referred, that is linked to a table of Broker names. 

I want to be able to report the broker names alongside the referral source, but every way I've tried results in only broker cases appearing in the report (no Media cases, no Friend cases).  I've tried doing a formula to say "if this field is broker, then return the broker ID, else "") but it didn't work.... help?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 11:13am
my guess is you you need to outer join your tables...
likely your referrals table to the broker name table
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum