Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: CR2008: BLOB field in preview crash the designer Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
MyKey0815
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 26 Sep 2010
Location: Germany
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote MyKey0815 Replybullet Topic: CR2008: BLOB field in preview crash the designer
     Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 3:24am
I using CR2008 with MSSQL 2008. I have create a table with some default values. On of them should be the compny logo. I have put company.jpg in the table to a BLOB-Column.

To insert the BLOB-field a use a SQL-Statement:
(SELECT ReportElements.ReportElementBLOB FROM ReportElements 
WHERE ReportElementID='CompanyLogo')

Now I put this statement to my report. The designer show the logo. I can place it and sizing.

When I change to the preview with this filed then the designer crashes and will sned a crashreport.

What is the problem? How can fix it?

BTW: When I using other SQL-Statements to put text from the ReportElements-Table to my report it works fine. Change the JPG to BMP and/or changing the size of the image still bring up the error anytime when I change from Designmode to Previewmode
Crystal Reports 2008 / Visual Studio 2008 Professional
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum