Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How to keep track of backlogged tickets Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jennifer_falcon
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Quote jennifer_falcon Replybullet Topic: How to keep track of backlogged tickets
     Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 9:48am
Good Day,

I have a Help Desk ticketing system that keeps track of calls to the Help Desk.

An individual ticket will contain:

Incident #
Open Time
Closed Time
Status
Assignment Group

Data will look like this:

number        open.time                   close.time                          status          
IM12345     01/07/2009 10:00:00   05/08/2009 11:00:00      Closed
IM12346     05/09/2010 10:00:00   01/10/2010 10:00:00      Closed
IM12347     06/02/2011 18:34:00   15/04/2011 09:00:00      Closed
IM12348     07/02/2011 18:34:00                                           Pending   
IM12349     06/07/2011 13:00:05                                           Pending
IM12350     06/07/2011 13:00:05                                           Open


I have a report that looks for two Assignment Groups: SECURITY and SECURITY ADMIN

I have to do a trend type of report to:

1) Show the number of Incidents (IM #'s) that are NOT Closed for each assignment group
2) Show the number of Incidents that are NOT closed on Tuesday's and Thursday's.
3) Keep track of the Incidents that were opened for each past Tuesday and Thursday.

I would like it to look like this:


Assignment Group: SECURITY
Tickets Still Opened on May 31
Tickets Still Opened on June 2
Tickets Still Opened on June 7
Tickets Still Opened on June 9

Assignment Group: SECURITY ADMIN
Tickets Still Opened on May 31
Tickets Still Opened on June 2
Tickets Still Opened on June 7
Tickets Still Opened on June 9

Any ideas on how to get this to work?

Thanks!

Jennifer

IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 10:27am
I assume a ticket could be included in multiple day counts, correct?
How far back do you have to go for the dates?
Are these rolling dates based on today?


Edited by DBlank - 06 Jul 2011 at 10:27am
IP IP Logged
jennifer_falcon
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Quote jennifer_falcon Replybullet Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 11:38am
Originally posted by DBlank

I assume a ticket could be included in multiple day counts, correct?
How far back do you have to go for the dates?
Are these rolling dates based on today?


Hi there,

Thank-you for your response!

Yes, a ticket could be included in multiple day counts. I ticket could be opened for quite a long period of time before it is closed. We are trying to do some trend analysis on how many tickets the SECURITY team has opened on a given day.

I would like to go back to January 1, 2011 if possible.

The requestor of the report would like this to show data on the Tuesday and Thursday of the week.

Hope this is enough info!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 11:45am
hmmm,
 
I was goin to suggest Running Totals but that will be alot of work as you would have to do about 60 of them (2 per week in the year) just to get to today and another 60 for the rest of the year...
 
do you have date table in your system (like a calender) that you can use?
 
IP IP Logged
jennifer_falcon
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Quote jennifer_falcon Replybullet Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by DBlank

hmmm,
 
I was goin to suggest Running Totals but that will be alot of work as you would have to do about 60 of them (2 per week in the year) just to get to today and another 60 for the rest of the year...
 
do you have date table in your system (like a calender) that you can use?
 


Hi,

The only thing that I can think of is our one table called slomonths

It has two fields:
month and monthindex

It looks like this:

month: Jan
monthindex: 1

month: Feb
monthindex: 2

etc.




IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 3:57am
I am not seeing an easy solution here.
 
Anyone else?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum