Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Surpressing Fields Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Author Message
Goldberg
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Location: Portugal
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Quote Goldberg Replybullet Topic: Surpressing Fields
     Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 6:31am
Hello,
I have a table with the name and classification of some students exams. The student may have an observation (P - Para Recuperação aka R - Recovery) if he/she hasn't done the exam.

Where the classification number is shown, I have the classification field and the observation field so that when there is no classification it shows the observation.

I want to be able to print 2 pages:

1) where the classifications are > = 10 and no observations
2) All the classifications (positive, negative and observations)

On section details, on the surpress field, I wrote the following code:

if {?positivas} = 1 then
{Avaliacao.classificacao} < 10

and I get this: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/positivas.jpg/

else if {?positivas} = 2 then
{Avaliacao.classificacao} >= 10

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/217/negativas.jpg/


Thing is, on the first IF it shows me the observations field too.
I've tried doing
{Avaliacao.classificacao} < 10 and isnull({avaliacao_observation.abr}) = false
but it shows me all the positive, negative and observations...


Can anybody help me on this?

Thanks


IP IP Logged
sharona
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 255
Quote sharona Replybullet Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 7:56am
the supressions sometimes works backwards
 
if {?positivas} = 1 then
{Avaliacao.classificacao} < 10
then true
that portion surpresses what is less than 10
 
OR
if {?positivas} = 2 then
{Avaliacao.classificacao} >= 10
then true
 
sharona
IP IP Logged
Goldberg
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Location: Portugal
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Quote Goldberg Replybullet Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 8:08am
Yes, on this part I really mean to surpress everything bellow 10, observations included:

if {?positivas} = 1 then
{Avaliacao.classificacao} < 10


But I can't because it keeps showing me the observations field as well

IP IP Logged
sharona
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 255
Quote sharona Replybullet Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 8:21am

that is stating

surpress if positivas=1 and classication <10

you mentioned the observation field is showing as well,
what are you surpressing the section expert or the field?
is the observation in the same section?
 
what do you want to do, limit the data based upon a parameter?
 
is {?positivas} a parameter?
 
if that is the case you need to put that in the record selection
 
 
sharona
IP IP Logged
Goldberg
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Location: Portugal
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Quote Goldberg Replybullet Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 11:52pm
if {?positivas} = 1 I want to surpress the rows where there is observation fields.

All the exam marks:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/allzw.jpg/


And this is what I have on the main report:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/reportho.jpg/

There is 2 fields in the same place on the classification table: one that shows me the mark numbers, and other that, in case there is no mark, shows me the observation abreviation

Blue fields = positive
Red fields = negative
Green fields = observations.

I'm doing it on the section details. {?positive} is a static parameter.
If positive = 1  I mean to show only the blue fields;
if positive = 2  I mean to show the blue, red and green fields.

If I'm not making myself clear, please, tell me

IP IP Logged
sharona
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 255
Quote sharona Replybullet Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 3:01am
i am unable to look at images on my server.
 
place the supression on the fields
right click format text instead of the section
in supression formula enter on the Red fields and Green fields
if positive =1 then true
 
i gather you have a parameter the end user selects?
 
in the record selection enter
{field}={paramter}
 
 
 
sharona
IP IP Logged
Goldberg
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Location: Portugal
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Quote Goldberg Replybullet Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 5:42am
when I said "red" and "blue fields", I meant the ones on the image. On crystal I only have, let's say, 2 fields (one that gives me the red and blue fields , other that gives me the green fields).

I tried surpressing on the text itself instead of the section, but it supresses the the field and the row stays there because there are other fields in the row.

This is the 1st pic.


2nd Pic





IP IP Logged
sharona
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 255
Quote sharona Replybullet Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 6:50am
okay i can not see images and i am not sure what you are actually trying to accomplish.
you want to supress certain fields based upon a parameter selection correct?
insert a 2nd section
place the fields that get supressed by 1 in the 1st section
place the fields that get supressed by 2 in the the 2nd section
underlay, this way it will supress the section and display the section you want to see
sharona
IP IP Logged
Goldberg
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Location: Portugal
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Quote Goldberg Replybullet Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 12:57am
I can't do it like that.

You see, I have 2 fields:

classification field gives me the result of the exam from 0 to 20

observation field that gives me an observation if there isn't any exam mark. It shows F (=M as in Missed) or P (=R as in Recovery).

If the parameter selection is 1, it should show any mark above 10, so I wrote {Avaliacao.classificacao} < 10

This is half correct because it surpresses everything below 10, but it shows the observation field which is on the same exact place where classification field is.

I've tried {Avaliacao.classificacao} < 10 and isnull({Avaliacao_Observacoes.abr}) = false

or

{Avaliacao.classificacao} < 10 and {Avaliacao_Observacoes.abr} = {Avaliacao_Observacoes.abr}

and many other ways, but I can't seem to figure it out how to supress it along with the marks below 10







Edited by Goldberg - 07 Jul 2011 at 12:59am
IP IP Logged
Goldberg
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Location: Portugal
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Quote Goldberg Replybullet Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 10:31pm
anyone?
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum