Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Grouping Issue Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
blairr429
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 29 Jun 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote blairr429 Replybullet Topic: Grouping Issue
     Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 9:08am
I have a report built like this:
 
GH 1
        GH 2
                Details
        GF 2
GF 1
 
I have the report set to page break after each GF 2.  However, I have a total for the GF1 section that is printing on the next page.  I need to keep the GF 1 totals on the same page for each GF 1 group.  Can someone please tell me how I can do this?
Thanks,

Rick
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 9:26am
don't quite understand your question...
IP IP Logged
blairr429
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 29 Jun 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote blairr429 Replybullet Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 9:38am
I have a report that is grouped by state and then grouped by each city for that state.  I have totals for each city and totals for every city in that state. After each city(in the group footer), I have it set to: new page after.
After the last city for that state, the total line for the state is put on a new page. I want to keep the total line for the state with the total line for the last city.
Thanks,

Rick
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 10:06am
so I assume you want a new page after GF1 instead of GF2 last in the group.
try using conditional formulas
for GF1 new page after use
not onlastrecord
for GF2 use
not (onlastrecord or next(table.state) <> table.state)


Edited by DBlank - 29 Jun 2011 at 10:07am
IP IP Logged
blairr429
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 29 Jun 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote blairr429 Replybullet Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 11:08am
Works great, thanks!
Thanks,

Rick
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum