Joined: 31 May 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Topic: Sum of fields Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 12:57am
I work in the Insurance sector where a claim can have multiple claimants. For example one claim can have a damage and personal injury. Now coming to the issue, the table I have has two different paid values for the same claim id and it could be on different dates with different values. If I run a summary report I get the following
Claim ID Payment Made
124 700
124 1300
124 100
In Access I can use the "Sum" function of the Payment Made field to get a summarised value of 2100 in my report.
How can I get the result in this format irrespective of the number of occurrence of the same id?
Claim Id Payment Made
124 2100
Any help will be highly appreciated and thanks in advance.
Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 2:53am
You can create a "sum" summary on the Payments Made field.
You may want to group by claim ID so that you get summaries for different groups of claims (ie: 124, 158, etc)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum