Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Sum of fields Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Pras
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 31 May 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Pras Replybullet Topic: Sum of fields
     Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 12:57am
I work in the Insurance sector where a claim can have multiple claimants. For example one claim can have a damage and personal injury. Now coming to the issue, the table I have has two different paid values for the same claim id and it could be on different dates with different values. If I run a summary report I get the following

Claim ID       Payment Made
124            700
124            1300
124            100

In Access I can use the "Sum" function of the Payment Made field to get a summarised value of 2100 in my report.

How can I get the result in this format irrespective of the number of occurrence of the same id?

Claim Id       Payment Made
124            2100

Any help will be highly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Pras
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 2:53am
You can create a "sum" summary on the Payments Made field.
You may want to group by claim ID so that you get summaries for different groups of claims (ie: 124, 158, etc)
IP IP Logged
Pras
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 31 May 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Pras Replybullet Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 8:55am
Thanks Keikoku. Figured my way around.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum