Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Decimals added to number when convered to text Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jbrandes99
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote jbrandes99 Replybullet Topic: Decimals added to number when convered to text
     Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 8:46am

I have a report based on a SQL stored procedure. In the stored proc I have created a formula to come up with a "number" that is totalling a statement amount (current_due+past_due). The formula I created is:  convert(int, floor(total_due)) 

When I pull total_due into the report and browse the data, I see the data correct (zero decimal places), however, I am trying to convert this value to text so that I can add it to another formula. When I create a formula totext(total_due), the value is displaying 2 decimal places..I have not been able to eliminate the decimal places when I convert it to text..any ideas?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 9:01am
totext(field,0)

Edited by DBlank - 28 Jun 2011 at 9:01am
IP IP Logged
jbrandes99
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote jbrandes99 Replybullet Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 9:18am
THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I've been making myself crazy all day!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum