Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: removing white space Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Getch
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
Quote Getch Replybullet Topic: removing white space
     Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 8:59am
Hi all,
 
I have a subreport with text fields and corresponding data fields.
 
In some cases, a text field and data will not be present in the tables so the fields are blank. Is there a way to not only suppress those but to also compress the fields to remove the white space so the other fields are continuous and neat?
 
In th eexample below, I would like to suppress the blank text field and blank data field and compress it so the "Fees" fields are right below the "Contrib" fields.
 
Example.
 
Begin Bal          $25.00
Contib              $25.00
                         $
Fees                 $1.00
 
What I am trying to avoid is having a separate report for either scenario.
 
Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
 
 
Newbie reports
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 9:03am
have you tried
not isnull(field)

but if you have 2 fields just do
not isnull(field) and
not isnull(field)


Edited by kostya1122 - 23 Jun 2011 at 9:05am
IP IP Logged
Getch
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
Quote Getch Replybullet Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 9:39am
I should mention a couple other things...I'm no where near a power user...dangerous newbie.
 
Other item is the fields actually are formulas...
 
I tried the not isnull(formula field) in the suppression X-2 and got a error message
Newbie reports
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 9:51am
not isnull(field) and
not isnull(field)

this is a filter you put it into your logic(report->select expert->show formula->formula editor)
what error message you get?


IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum