Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Subtotals by Date Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jbrandes99
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote jbrandes99 Replybullet Topic: Subtotals by Date
     Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 8:20am
I am making myself crazy trying to do something that I didn't think would be real difficult.
 
I have a report that shows the amount of minutes spent by each employee for each of their tasks for a period of time. I am trying to group the information by employee and then by date to show the total number of minutes the employee spent doing X on whatever day (think timesheet). I am having a heck of a time trying to do this...any suggestions?
 
 
Date                           calc_hours_task1    calc hours task 2
 
 
Total for date range   total_task1               total_task 2
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 8:51am
have you tried representing "the amount of minutes spent by each employee"(field) as a formula like
sum( "the amount of minutes spent by each employee"(field))
and placing it into your group header.
IP IP Logged
jbrandes99
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote jbrandes99 Replybullet Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 10:47am
Worked like a charm.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum