Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Formula and Selection Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
El22
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 07 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote El22 Replybullet Topic: Formula and Selection
     Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 12:14am
Hello,
 
I need to generate a report whereby, for every invoice, there needs to have been a call in the previous month (to calculate conversion rates). I have got all of these listed, however it generates over 500k records for the date ranges I'm after.
 
I want to be able to running total each record per GH (which is invoice #) so I only select the first record - so basically all I need is one instance of a call, not 100's in some cases. However creating a running total means I cannot use the select expert on it.
 
Does anyone have any ideas?
 
Thanks,
 
Ian
IP IP Logged
FrnhtGLI
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Quote FrnhtGLI Replybullet Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 2:01am
Create a suppression formula for the detail line that suppresses when {InvoiceNumber}=previous({InvoiceNumber})
|< /\ '][' ( )
IP IP Logged
El22
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 07 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote El22 Replybullet Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 2:05am
Hello,
 
Thanks for this, but I already have tried supressing  the data - I want to exclude all the extra records without just running all of them and supressing ones I dont want.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum