|
I've created a report that counts the number of times a specific value appears in a field in each group using a Running Total Count with a Evaluate Formula. The problem is the only way to see the final count tally is by looking at the last row in each group, if I move the Running Total entry into to the Group Header in longer counts values within the Details.
For example, here simple sample of my data:
NAME - NUM - ABC John - 001 - A John - 002 - B John - 003 - A John - 004 - C Jack - 001 - A Jack - 002 - B Jack - 003 - C Jack - 004 - B
Currently I have my report Grouped by NAME, so when I hide the Details I only see one row for each NAME, the hidden Details lists the NUM and ABC fields:
John
Jack
I want to count how many times A, B, or C appears for either John or Jack. I created multiple Running Total Fields that evaluated ABC with a formula (ABC = "A") [or "B" or "C"] and now my group data looks like this:
NAME - NUM - ABC - #A - #B - #C
John - 001 - A - 1 - 0 - 0
John - 002 - B - 1 - 1 - 0
John - 003 - A - 2 - 1 - 0
John - 004 - C - 2 - 1 - 1
By looking at row 4 (the last row), I can see John has 2 A's, 1 B, and 1 C and Jack would have 1 A, 2 B's, 1 C. But I have to show Details to see this.
I want to export a report that shows the NAME and the #A, #B, and #C totals in the Group Header and hides the Details rows:
NAME- #A - #B - #C John - 2 - 1 - 1 Jack - 1 - 2 - 1
But if I move the #A, #B, #C Running Total fields to the Group Header they no longer count the totals in the Details.
How can I move the final totals of my Running Totals from within the Details to the Group Header? Is there a better way to calculate the number of times a specific value within a field (A, B, or C) instead of Running Totals?
Thanks for your help, I think I am making this more complicated than it should be!
|