Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Validate if input parameter is valid Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
JonKensy
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote JonKensy Replybullet Topic: Validate if input parameter is valid
     Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 3:24am
Hi All - great resource.  I've used it many times for other issues I've had.

I am sure this one is trivial but I can't find the right search pattern.

I have a parameter that I have users input and I simply want to output "INVALID WORKORDER" if the workorder they enter does not exist in the database (table workorder, field base_id, so workorder.base_id).  I don't need it to happen at input, so it can just output in the report.  Any advice on how to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Jon
IP IP Logged
FrnhtGLI
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Quote FrnhtGLI Replybullet Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 3:44am
I assume you already have your parameter in the Record Selection formula that looks something like:

{workorder.base_id}={?ParameterField}

Create a detail line with a text box that has the words "INVALID WORKORDER" and suppress the detail line when:

{workorder.base_id}={?ParameterField}

If the work order number they enter in the parameter field does not match, it should display the detail line on the report.
|< /\ '][' ( )
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum