Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Failed to retieve data from database Error!- Help! Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jjg1576
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote jjg1576 Replybullet Topic: Failed to retieve data from database Error!- Help!
     Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 3:51pm
Hi,

I am trying to group my Crystal Reports 2008 report on the following SQL Expression named %empl  

(
select max(B.`ResultText`)
from TestMainList A, TestResults B
where A.`TestID`= B.`TestID` and
A.`Description`= 'Employee' and
B.`TestDate` = TestResults.`TestDate`
)


However, when I run the report, it gives me the error "Failed to retrieve data from database" and Database Vendor Code -3100.  

The report runs fine if I add %empl to the details section.  It even runs fine if I group it by %empl AFTER first running the report with the %empl expression in the details.  However, when I try to re-run the report, it gives me the error again.  

The SQL expression is error free when I check it.  I am using an Access database, with an ODBC connection.  Has anyone else experienced this?

I did see that database vendor code 3100 seems to refer to a null value somewhere in the database.  Is it possible to add code to the expression to bypass nulls?
 
Thanks!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum