Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Do while with an array Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
JamisonK
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote JamisonK Replybullet Topic: Do while with an array
     Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 4:28am
I got stuck on this weeks ago and haven't looked at it since.

I'm trying to a notes field and then there is some string manipulation that will have to come after.  So far this is the latest attempt that doesn't work.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I haven't worked that much with coding in Crystal Reports.

StringVar Array x;
NumberVar arrSize;
NumberVar i; numberVar j; StringVar Temp;

x:=split({Transaction_Detail.Notes},",");
arrSize := Ubound(x);

//For Temp:= 0 to arrSize Do
//x[arrSize];
if x = ""
then
x
else
do x while i < arrSize -1;
x;

I remember having to bring this in as an array or I would get an error telling me that it has to be an array.
IP IP Logged
JamisonK
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote JamisonK Replybullet Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 7:44am
I'm sorry.  I should've mentioned the error.  On this line:

do x while i < arrSize -1;

I get a "string array is required here" error.

thanks!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum