Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Sql Commands vs Sql Expression Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
JohnEGI
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote JohnEGI Replybullet Topic: Sql Commands vs Sql Expression
     Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 5:37am
I a very new to Crystal Reports 2011. I have a question about Command Text when adding SQL to the report. When I add a Command, it appears on the Link tab. When I select OK, I get this message: Your current link configuration contains multiple starting points. Please be advised that this is generally not supported.
I have 5 Sql Commands (not linked together) and 4 tables linked together by name.
I also get: More than one datasource or a stored procedure has been used in th is report.  Please make sure that no SQL Expression is added and no server-side group-by is performed.  SQL Expression option was removed when I added a SQL Command.
 
Any ideas what to do to correct this issue?
John
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 11:28am
if the commands are not linked and do not need to be linked, don't worry about it.
 
For example, you have commands that are not used by the report proper, they are just to populate parameter selections
 
Or you have a table that is just one row that you pull data from for display (I pass in a parameter table in addition to a data table from a stored proc)
 
If you are looking to pull data from all the tables in the report, then you should link them to tables as appropriate
 
It's all a matter of what you using the tables for
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum