Joined: 16 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Topic: Formula to remove notes Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 5:50am
Hello,
I have a report for a claims processing company that displays claims grouped by the person who last changed the claim, the date created, and the claim number. There are some claims with notes attatched to them and it shows everyone who inserted a note. I cannot figure out how to write a formula that will only show the first person who added in a note. Any ideas?
Joined: 16 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 6:21am
The subreport is only the Username who created the note and the note itself. I just now figured out how to only display the person who originally created the note. Now my next question is how do I suppress the claims without any notes at all?
Joined: 16 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 6:27am
I did not originially create the report and am just modifying it, so I'm just working with what is already there. When I did a join it wouldn't pull any of the claims, with or without notes. Essentially the report needs to pull all claims with notes and then suppress the claims with no notes at all. I was thinking maybe an IF THEN statement or CASE??
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 6:31am
in you main report is there a field that lets you know if there is a note or not or is it only by finding a matched row in another table? If only through matched rows then you have to get shared variables and other issues about when the variable is created and supptression issues.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 6:44am
likely you can still add in the other table outer joined to the existing set and then use the fact that the joined value is NULL for your suppression criteria. That being said, it is more efficient to not use sub reports, so if you have to include the table in the main report why not get rid of the subreport anyway?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum