Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Filter Sub Reports - aesthetic issue Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
liddlem
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 06 Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote liddlem Replybullet Topic: Filter Sub Reports - aesthetic issue
     Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 9:11pm
Hi
I have a master report which shows student information (name, date of birth class etc)
I have placed 4 sub-reports into the master which reflects
Attendance, Merits, Demerits, Movements respectively.
 
The thing is that each of the sub-reports should be filtered by a date range. (Dates captured in my db as a number as YYYYMMDD format)
 
So no problem, I have created the selection criteria and I am getting 4 separate "Startdate" boxes which work.
 
But the same parameter will ALWAYS apply to each of these sub-reports . . . so I would prefer to have only 1 parameter box appear, when the user opens the report.
 
Is this possible?
Thanks
 
Thanks for your input
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 3:04am
yes.  Since your report has a date range, just link the subreport date range parameters to the main report's date range parameters.
 
right click on the subreport and select Change Links, then it is just matching up values.
 
I haven't done this in a while, but as I recall, it's not too bad
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
liddlem
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 06 Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote liddlem Replybullet Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 3:25pm
Errr... sorry.
Forgot to mention that the MASTER is not date specific - only the sub-reports.
 
Sub-reports are linked to the master by student id only.
 
Thanks
Thanks for your input
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 3:20am
if the date range is something that is asked for by the subreports, create a parameter in the report, have the user fill it in once and pass it to the subreports.
 
Just because you have a parameter doesn't mean that the report HAS to use it.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
liddlem
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 06 Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote liddlem Replybullet Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 7:53pm

I have tried this, but when I edit the links, the StartDate (from the MASTER) report displays, but the Startdate in the sub-report is not available as an option.

I also tried to link the Master-StartDate to the datefield on the Sub-Report, but now the parameters box simply includes the startdate for the master AND the sub-report.
 
I guess that I will just have to live with multiple parameter boxes.
 
Thanks for the input.
 


Edited by liddlem - 19 Jun 2011 at 8:20pm
Thanks for your input
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum