Joined: 15 Jun 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Topic: Adding Parentheses Around a Figure Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 4:56am
Hello, I am pretty green at Crystal Reports, and I am wanting to put parentheses around a figure that is being subtracted from the subtotal. I'm not sure entirely how to do this, would I just put them around my filler text which says "PREVIOUS_PAID_VALUE"? Or is there another way for me to do this?
Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 6:01am
Paragraph
I'm not sure entirely how to do this, would I just put them around my filler text which says "PREVIOUS_PAID_VALUE"? Or is there another way for me to do this?
The Number tab only shows up for number type fields.
Is this filler text necessary?
Joined: 15 Jun 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 6:07am
It's telling me where it is pulling the information from. The document I am editing is a pre-made document for a program. The filler text is not editable as it's just displaying what text will be filled in there when the data is sufficient.
Edit: I'm wondering if it would just be easier to put 2 small text boxes on the outside of the desired field and have them anchored to it, so they would always shrink and/or expand to the size of the field as needed.
Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 6:22am
The filler text is not editable as it's just displaying what text will be filled in there when the data is sufficient.
That is odd. It sounds like a formula field or a DB field.
Edit: I'm wondering if it would just be easier to put 2 small text boxes on the outside of the desired field and have them anchored to it, so they would always shrink and/or expand to the size of the field as needed.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum