Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Only pull records with term date between Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
stevetothink
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 37
Quote stevetothink Replybullet Topic: Only pull records with term date between
     Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 5:20am
I created to and from (date) fields that you can fill out when you run the report. How do I code the report so it only shows records when the employee termination date is within the dates populated by the user?

Thanks
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 6:03am
in the select expert
table.termdate in {?param begindate} to {?param end date}
IP IP Logged
stevetothink
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 37
Quote stevetothink Replybullet Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 7:29am
I thought I did that but it's not working.

{ROTPersonnelStatus.Termination Date} in {?From Date} to {?To Date}

I used Select Expert - Record. Is that correct?

Thanks,
Steve
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 7:30am
yes that is correct.
what exactly do you mean by not working?
IP IP Logged
stevetothink
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 37
Quote stevetothink Replybullet Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 7:35am
Thanks for your help on this. I really appreciate it.

I mean that the report still shows people who either do not have a termination at all or have a termination date outside of the range I enter when I generate the report.


IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 7:38am
do you have any other select statement parts (like an OR)?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum